Blogging Tools You Probably Aren’t Using to Scale Your Blog
Thanks to the advancement of technology, you can easily increase your efficiency of blog growth by using a few new and some already popular tools.
Read on to discover the tools used by bloggers!
Niche Keyword Research for Small Businesses Using Free Tools
Let’s face it! You’re not the owner of Amazon, Google or Wikipedia! Not even close! As a freelancer or small business you most probably optimize for a niche audience. Your website can’t compete with the behemoths of the Web!
Private Search: How Can You Protect Yourself Online from Unwanted Looks?
Outside we wear clothing to protect our intimate parts from the looks of others. At home we have curtains, roller blinds or shutters. And online? Private search!
How to Get Backlinks and Engagement on Social Media Effortlessly [Examples]
When it comes to spreading the word online search is still the most significant way to get traffic for most websites. To get ranked high on Google you need backlinks. How to get them effortlessly?
What is a Google Partner? SEO Agencies Are the Opposite!
In recent years most former SEO agencies have become Google Partners that is they buy enough Google ads to be eligible for that badge in the first place. Can they really also help with SEO though?
The FIRE UP Approach: How to Optimize Websites for People
How do you optimize websites for people that is actual readers who are suffering from chronic attention shortage? You need to make them findable, intriguing, readable, engaging, usable, popular or in short “fire up“. “fire someone up – Fig. to…
Link is President
* The “Content is King” motto of large media conglomerates like Viacom, Microsoft and News Corp has been misunderstood by content marketers. People appropriated it to mean that content is the most important aspect of your visibility strategy. It’s not….
Is Your Site Really Mobile-Friendly or Just Pleasing Google?
* The good news first: making a site mobile-friendly is easy. I have converted my custom built and decade+ old main site to responsive web design myself. I managed to do it myself even though I don’t work as a…
How Ello & DuckDuckGo Can Save Your Soul
When I started out on the Web in the late nineties it was full of enthusiasm and limitless possibilities. It was about equality, opportunity and technological utopia. Today corporate interests run paramount with gatekeepers like Google, Facebook, Apple building their own private Internet gated communities.
Your Friend Shared this on Google+
Many people still consider social media and search two different things. They will even say things like “SEO is dead and will be replaced by SMO”. In reality by now there is only social search. Most people do not log…
Do I Hate Google?
By now you might ask: do I hate Google? It’s no wonder, after all I write things like why and how to nofollow Google Google alternatives: search engines… are SEOs selling out to Google? etc. all the time it seems….
Where Did All The Search Traffic Go?
* BuzzFeed reports that “Traffic from Google to digital publishers dropped 30% over the past eight months.” based on traffic statistics from over 200 major media properties, among them BuzzFeed Time Huffington Post Rolling Stone Sports Illustrated Overall social media…
Dangerous Links: Why & How Google Wants to Abolish Hypertext
* Are links unnatural or even dangerous like some SEO experts repeat after Google? The Web is built upon so called hypertext. Why is hypertext called hyper? It’s not because of all the hypes we witness on the Internet. The…
When Will Google Sunset Search?
* One day the most important topic on the Internet was the demise of Google Reader. It was a popular tool to read and share content from blogs by subscribing to their so called feeds. The Side-Effects of Market Domination…
This is Why Google Search is Bad and What Engine to Use Instead
Do you think Google sucks? I’m not a big friend of Google search either. In this post I reflect on how bad the Google search experience is nowadays. To solve the problem I will suggest a better alternative or rather…
Google Alternatives: Search Engines, E-Mail, Analytics and other Tools
* One day I banned Google search bots on my blog. After that I felt more confident about becoming independent from Google. You don’t have to be a minimalist self improvement guru who wants to live a perfect life to…
Free Consultation for Non-Profits, Charities & Activist Groups
I offer a free consultation on blogging, social media + search for non-profits, charities and activist groups once a week. Contact me when you need one. Let me help you save the world. Nobody can do alone and every organization…
The Future of the Web According to Eric Schmidt of Google
* Over the years Eric Schmidt – formerly CEO and now chairman of Google – has been known for giving some intriguing insights into Google, the Internet and the future of technology. Some of his remarks were very controversial to…
How to Determine Content Quality and Write Accordingly
There seems to exist a broad consensus that “content is king”, but only great content or rather quality content. With the so called Panda or high quality update Google made quality content the ultimate goal. How to determine content quality…
Hands On Google Social SEO Techniques for Personal Search
When it comes to personal search you have to choose to get your hands dirty! This is hands on actionable advice! Neither personal search or social search is new to Google. Google search results have been personalized for over a…