How to Use LinkedIn for Business Networking: Marketing Resources
Why Use LinkedIn for Business?
LinkedIn has been around for ages and the service achieved maturity by now.
After Microsoft acquired the platform it has become the go to site for many business people.
LinkedIn has gained critical mass and positions itself as an alternative or addition for both Facebook and Twitter. It really is one!
How I Use LinkedIn for Networking
I’ve been on LinkedIn for several years but until recently I wasn’t serious about my LinkedIn presence.
While I was increasingly wary of social media and networking due to fake news and political trolling I nevertheless decided to use LinkedIn in a strategic way.
LinkedIn is my main social networking for business venue after Twitter right now. It has paid off.
I’ve already got many requests or in other words leads by way of LinkedIn.
I didn’t buy ads to get them. I optimized my organic reach by engaging on the site regularly throughout the week.
How do I engage on LinkedIn? I mostly do these things to enhance my organic visibility:
- reacting to other people’s content they share (daily)
- commenting on other people’s updates (daily)
- resharing other people’s most insightful shares (weekly)
- sharing my own content with a LinkedIn specific intro (monthly)
- endorsing other people for specific skills they excel at (occasionally)
- congratulating people I follow on important achievements (occasionally)
As you see there is nothing fancy or complex about that kind of engagement as long as it’s genuine and on-topic.
Do you want to embrace more advanced techniques? Check out the resources list below.
LinkedIn Marketing Resources Galore
Now I present you this LinkedIn marketing and SEO resources list. As a follow up I will write a post on how I do optimize my LinkedIn profile.
Also take note that this list doesn’t not contain the typical LinkedIn SEO advice pieces where SEO is solely meant as Google optimization.
In SEO 2.0 we deal with search holistically. Thus LinkedIn is treated as just another search “engine”. It’s business people search.
How to Use LinkedIn & LinkedIn Profile Optimization
- Use LinkedIn Effectively
- How to Use LinkedIn Effectively
- The Beginner’s Guide to LinkedIn Marketing
- 10 Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile in Under 5 Minutes
LinkedIn Marketing & SEO
- This Is How To Build The Best LinkedIn Marketing Strategy For Your Business
- 5 Ways to Weave LinkedIn Into Your Marketing Mix
- How To Boost the SEO of Your Organization’s LinkedIn Page
- 15 LinkedIn® Profile SEO Tips for Getting Found
- LinkedIn SEO: How to Get your Profile Ranking
Using Specific LinkedIn Features
- Why LinkedIn Groups Can Be Great for Businesses (and How to Create a Successful One)
- How to Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Better Prospecting
- How to Use LinkedIn Groups for Lead Generation
Take note that I didn’t add all LinkedIn resources I know but selected them very carefully of the course of several months.
There are not that many serious LinkedIn marketing resources out there.
Most LinkedIn SEO posts are just short and often outdated tidbits. It took me considerable research to pick these resources.
Social Media for Business Done Right
Last but not least consider reading my social media hopping post on how you shouldn’t waste your time with social media and networking but use is to propel your business to new heights instead.
You can’t abandon social media as a business person but you can’t work for social sites as a user generated content slave for free either.
Do you want to know more about me? Well, you can view my LinkedIn profile. I update my profile it sporadically. Make also sure to read my blog to stay on top of my latest content.
In case you want to connect with me make sure to tell me why. I don’t just collect “connections” for the sake of numbers.
Despite using LinkedIn for over a decade LinkedIn I haven’t reached the limit of 500 connections after which they display the follower number as “500+”.
* Creative commons image by smi23le