101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful
- 20+ years of online publishing
- 15+ years of blogging for a plethora of blogs
- being a professional blogger and SEO since 2004
by now I am convinced that I know how popularity and success work on the Web.
What I learned about online publishing, blogging, SEO in 10 years you can now read in 10 minutes.
This is my list of 101 ways to make your blog more popular and successful. I used most of the techniques to increase my own popularity.
Other measures have been taken by numerous other bloggers with success so I have to catch up on them myself.
1 – 5: Twitter
1. Get social on Twitter, the people on Twitter will support your blog if you do it right
2. Follow some people on Twitter who share your interests but not too many
3. Reward people tweeting and retweeting you, or say “thanks” at least
4. Tweet only good stuff, so people get interested in you and visit your blog
5. Use inline tweet embedding to allow quoting of your blog posts
6 – 10: Niche social news sites
6. Contribute to niche social news communities like Inbound.org, Growth Hackers or Product Hunt
7. Become a power user at the one that fits you best
8. Tweet good articles from the niche social news communities
9. Use a striking avatar like the sombrero guy image I use
10. Socialize with other active users and connect with them on Facebook or LinkedIn
11 – 20: Your blog
11. Add an unforgettable image or huge headline in your blog header
12. Use self-hosted WordPress, as it’s the most widely used blogging platform and makes socializing with pingbacks easier
13. Use a great design or customize a clean and simple WordPress theme [partner-link]
14. Allow pings, trackbacks and real links in comments (drop the so called “nofollow” attribute)
15. Reply to your genuine commenters who add value in the comments
16. Link to other bloggers, most notably your peers, not only the well known ones
17. Create pillar or flagship content like huge lists, thorough tutorials, unique resources
18. Be the first to say something: break news, uncover scams, debunk myths
19. Review and address other bloggers personally
20. Create and publish a list of blogs that are similar to yours and/or a good supplement
21 – 30: Other blogs:
21. Accept and support authorities in your field
22. Make a list of the top 10 blogs in your field and try being like them and better
23. Contribute guest posts on other blogs
24. Notify other bloggers when they have broken links or their design does not display correctly on some browser
25. Get inspired by other bloggers
26. Comment on other blogs, out of interest, not only for marketing purposes
27. Meet other bloggers in real life and connect
28. Share others’ blog posts to your favorite social media or vote there for them
29. Do not expect other bloggers to like you just because you’re there, actively befriend them
30. Do not annoy other bloggers by Skype, mail or other means, only contact them if it really matters
31 – 40: Writing
31. Write about popular topics but not those everybody else already covered
32. Find a new angle to a story instead of mere repeating or linking
33. Use striking, funny, easy to remember post headlines like “The Day I was Reborn, Twice”, “Help! I Ate my iPod”, “10 Ways to Become a Millionaire in 5 Weeks”
34. Do not write too short or too long posts, depth not size matters
35. Write timeless blog postings not just yesterday’s news
36. Know your audience and offer it what it wants, not only what you think is appropriate
37. Be yourself, do not write like you would write for an employer, write as if you write a letter to a friend
38. Offend offenders who spread nonsense
39. Do not offend people weaker than you
40. Ask questions and incite discussions
41 – 50: HTML and CSS
41. Use clean, lean HTML and CSS for website speed, limit the usage of fancy scripts
42. Use headings, lists, bold, italic and other means of making a text readable
43. Use large headlines for posts
44. Use the h2 tag for post headlines (h1 is for the blog name)
45. Use good looking webfonts to make your headlines look better
46. Do not use fonts for headlines which are not meant for them and look ugly (Verdana)
47. Make your font size readable in your posts but not too big, your readers are not half blind
48. Use colors that contrast but not too much and not too many of them, black on white is still best
49. Be original but let people recognize that your blog is a blog, by using some well known elements
50. Use compatible CSS rather than proprietary tricks only newer browsers support
51 – 60: Images
51. Always use images in posts
52. Use striking images in your posts, like collages, bright colors, images that metaphorically illustrate your point
53. Be original, do not just display the Google logo when you write about Google
54. Do not steal images without proper attribution
55. Use a list of images to attract large audiences, but don’t forget #54
56. Use .png screen shots or parts of them as images for your blog posts
57. Use pictures of beautiful women (but SFW)
58. Do not use pictures as the only content of a post if it’s not a list
59. Do not use images that are bigger than 100kb, not everybody in the world has a fast connection
60. Use thumbnails for bigger images
61 – 70: Topics
61. Cover the most important things in life: Love, peace, happiness, community, freedom
62. Do not write about SEO (it’s too late for me)
63. When you write about SEO call it blogging tips or feed the bot
64. Write about how you feel, tell personal stories
65. Interview interesting and well known people
66. Write about stars, people love stars: Angelina Jolie I love you!
67. Write about what you know first hand, what you have experienced
68. Concentrate on positive topics, do not just write how bad everything is
69. Do not write about your wife, kids, where you live, how much you earn or what you bought unless you’re properly armed or live in Sweden
70. Write you earned millions of dollars by blogging to get known
71 – 80: Blog promotion
71. Contribute to blog communities on other blogs by commenting and beyond
72. Promote your best blog posts repeatedly (not all of them)
73. Add carefully selected sharing buttons to social media sites your preferred audience is at
74. Use WordPress as it’s already optimized for search to the max out of the box
75. Link out to others to get links, do not engage in link exchange, link buying or selling or any automated link schemes
76. Do not use keywords like “california real estate” as your name when commenting unless it’s your blog’s name (then add as as John of x)
77. Don’t overdo conventional SEO on your blog, it’s in most cases counter productive
78. Do not create merely “content” – write articles, reviews, interviews
79. SEO is not Spam, don’t ping dozens or hundreds of blogs just for the backlinks
80. Do not automate your blogging efforts
81 – 85: Getting Subscribers
81. Display a (big) orange feed icon ideally where everybody can see it
82. Use Feedly to check out similar blogs and how your content displays
83. Let people subscribe by email using a tool like MailChimp
84. Offer a full feed not just excerpts
85. Explain what a feed is for people new to the concept and offer a choice of the best feed readers
86 – 90: Branding
86. Create a personal brand. Use your name. Don’t blog as “admin”
87. Get a unique and remarkable name for your blog
88. Get a short and memorable nickname for yourself, Tadeusz Szewczyk = Tad Chef
89. Use your blog URL and/or avatar throughout the Web
90. Get a short and memorable domain name [partner-link], I use seo2.us
91 – 101: Miscellaneous
91. Do not offend people for being different than or disagreeing with you
92. Be open minded, let anything and everything inspire you
93. Treat your readers and other bloggers like real people, with respect and compassion
94. Explain things you know, there are always some people who don’t know what you take for granted
95. Be different but stay true to yourself, do not pose as somebody else
96. Do not overload your blog with ads, or hide content with opt-in overlays. Keep it clean and simple.
97. Do not use Google Adsense unless you make real money with it, otherwise you lose more credibility than you earn
98. Become an expert in your trade, be a specialist for your topic, don’t try everything at the same time
99. Do not try to do everything or be everywhere, concentrate on the stuff you like, prefer and are good at
100. Cooperate with others, altruism is the best egoism
101. In short: practice SEO 2.0 to popularize your blog
Originally published October 29th, 2007. V2 republished August 14th, 2010. Last updated January 17th, 2020.
* (CC BY-ND 2.0) Creative Commons image by Rob Hogeslag
Tad…. truly amazing post. Brilliant. Thank you for writing it.
Nice job, Tad — preparing to Stumble :) I would Digg it, but I’m not sure if you want that ;)
Great stuff, Tad – you’ve just given me more to work on and improve. This is true quality blogging and advice.
That is a great article. Thanks.
Every blogger should be locked in a deep dungeon and only let out until they can come up with a 101 useful list regarding their niche.
Reminds me of Godins list http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2006/06/how_to_get_traf.html
Thank you everybody! I hope not only experts love it… :-)
Nice post but you don’t follow your own advice?
> 57. Use pictures of beautiful women
I do, check this one out:
101 blogging tips for traffic…
One more aimed at the social media site of things, but if nothing else, really focuses on how much the blogger needs to go out there and get knowm and noticed outside of their own site, and when visit……
Have a question please WGTS
Re: Tip number 23
How do you guest post if you don’t know the blogger personally?
As much as I would love to guest post on other blogs (some smaller, some bigger) I can’t imagine how to go about doing it without sounding like a huge twit ;)
Perhaps one day you could do a post on this…
Great and amazing list! First from Skellie this week, and now from here!
Simply amazing and thanks for the tips, some of which I hadn’t thought of!
Lidija, it’ not difficult. Follow the blog for a while. Then choose a topic that fits in and contact the blogger. No magic tricks involved. Many bloggers ask for guest posts explicitly.
Of course I would be delighted if you would guest post here. After publishing 3 articles yesterday I really feel like not writing myself for a while.
Thanks Elliot. Skellie is my role model.
[…] are many ways to build a popular blog and many methods to promote your website. For example, you can start leaving comments regularly on […]
This has been what I am looking for.
Just stumble it.
I stumbled it, but, I am wondering about the h2 tags for titles point. Why would you do this? Your title is the most important part of the page.
Unless, you can make titles on your homepage h2, and titles on single posts h1, then I’d keep them h1.
If you know how to do this, please share :)
SEO 2.0 | 101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful…
SEO 2.0 | 101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful…
wow!that’s amazing…i didn’t expect this from your article…thats a fantastic done by u..some will think that y should we want tell our secret ways to make the blogs popular..but you
have posted your secrets and easiest way to make my blogs popular..some ll refuse to tell even a single way but u said 101WAYS…that’s AMAZING…Thank U..
“57. Use pictures of beautiful women”
Lovely … I love Maki’s blog because of anime gals he puts.
Excellent list. Keep up the good work.
[…] Tadeusz Szewczyk has a nice list of strategies for getting more traffic to your blog. […]
Yes, I see you have been busy and I am honored to have the opportunity to write something for you. Now to find that perfect post – you do realize this has got to be my best ever… :D
Thinking hat ON!
Thank you Damien!
Armen: Good question, should have elaborated on that: Statistical studies have shown that the h2 tag is more imporatnt for your Google ranking than the h1. Besides there can only be one h1 per page.
So the h1 should be the title of your blog, here it’s SEO 2.0
On the front page several titles are displayed. Having several h1 tags means search engine spam in a way…
Right nishu, not only those but all the images Dosh Dosh uses are well chosen.
Agree with most of your comments especially get rid of rel=”nofollow” and use a striking header image
<p>Jermayn, in fact your image is striking!
Armen: You can. In WordPress you have to open Presentation -> Theme Editor -> open “Single Page” (or something like that) and then replace h2, with h1.
Hmmm…not too sure about placing the blog title in h1 tags, unless of course it contains your key words. It’s content people are after most of the time, not websites.
I wish I knew a way to make post titles h1 on single pages, and h2 everywhere else.
Ya! I think this is the best to generate the traffic, but can we use this for oue website slso, please suggest.
[…] SEO 2.0 | 101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful (tags: blogs seo tips) […]
Yes “medical tourism”, especially #59 and #76 ;-)
Thank you so much for including socialnetworkingarticles.com in your article.
Fantastic post – thank you for this.
Loved the way you put the list together and think it is a great idea.
Will do it for one of my new websites in a specific niche.
Very informative list of advice. I see a trend of bloggers using +1 numbers in their lists like instead of 100 points, we have 101 points!
I discovered this site from Sphinn and in just my first visit, it has earned itself to be on my daily reads and subscription. With this post as an example, this blog has shown that will become (if not already) popular and successful.
Anyway, this is a very nice list, and one of the best I’ve seen so far. Keep up the good work!
Rachel: It’s such a great resource I just had to!
AnneMarie: Thank you! Please come back and report on the outcome of putting this into practice!
david: True, I can see this trend too ;-)
Sly: Well, you’re blog is not bad either! I am flattered to match your quality standards.
What a huge list. I added you to my list of subscriptions to have more of these kinds of posts.
Wow! What a great list, I am checking out some of your links in your list to learn more about a few services that I never heard of before. I have subscribed to your blog, I found it through stumbled upon.
Thanks guys, more is coming up, indeed a post even better than this one…
[…] 101 Ways to make your blog more popular and successful by onreact […]
[…] translate my 101 posting ideas into a more general way so that you can apply them to your blog and get more popular and successful. Get […]
Wavestech is an SEO Company that offers quality Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services and Internet Marketing Solutions in India and in various other places across the world like SEO Services in USA and SEO Services in UK etc. If you are looking for a place to submit your articles, you’ve come to the right place. We provide you with a SEO friendly article submission directory to submit and promote your website with the of SEO expert team.
We offer submission services including Article submission, Directory submission, Blog submissions and gives you better search engine rankings. It is India’s one of the fastest growing and leading SEO Company who which provides services at cheap prices and with assurance of Quality SEO services. Reseach has found that 80% of the traffic comes through search engines. It is very important for a person to popularize there website to get business/Traffic from internet throughout the world and it can be achieved by the help our SEO Consultant and the team of Goggle SEO Experts which helps you out in improving the search ranking of your website’s. SEO in Delhi, SEO in London, SEO in New York, SEO in Canada are the major cities and countries across the world in which there is a boom of SEO Services. Pay-per-click marketing is a great way to get visitors when you need traffic and you need it now. This info will provide you with a high-level view of pay-per-click advertising provide some general strategies and provide an example of what to do, and what not to do.
Our company also provides services such as web designing, link building services, Internet Marketing. Internet Marketing and Search Engine Marketing are prime source for making your site popular and this can be achieved by the proper way of SEO content creation, online advertising, internet advertising and Internet Marketing Campaigns with the help of experts team
Waves Technologies can assist you in getting your e-business out in the forefront on the Internet by offering Web Design, website design, website development and copywriting that use SEO. We are a company that delivers results to diverse businesses all over the world. Small businesses that create web sites to market or promote their businesses do not have the luxury of widespread name recognition. Internet marketing is a specialized skill and requires careful preparation of your material in consideration of the peculiar requirements of the medium if you want to maximize your Internet business opportunities. You must employ the techniques of effective Internet marketing and web site promotion.
This is an example how not to do it. This is a SEO blog where you could have contributed a useful comment to get a link, but you send me automated spam with your corporate blahblah.
Therefore I removed the link to your company.
I prepare a follow up to my best SEO company websites post
where I will feature more than one SEO company from India, your competition.
[…] وبلاگنويسي خواندن ان ميتواند مفيد واقع شود: 101 راه برای محبوبتر شدن وبلاگتان – 101 ايده برای […]
[…] تاد خان آلمانی ۱۰۱ راه دیگه هم برای داشتن وبلاگی عمومی تر و موفق تر نوشته […]
[…] ی آزاد مقاله ای از وبلاگ SEO2.0 , وبلاگ نویسی که بعد از 10 سال فعالیت آن […]
Great blog and very informative. I will definitely come back for the great stuff. Keep it up and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Its a informative blog post.ofcourse StumbleUpon, brings huge targeted traffic if we do it right.I had experience in that.you have bring all good points about blog more popular and successful.Really these 101 ways will be useful for the new bloggers as well as experienced bloggers.Thanks for sharing with us!
This 101 list is really great but somewhat scary and overwhelming to a newbie like me… a lot to do and be careful of. Will try to follow your advices as best I can. Oh yes thanks for 101 blog posting ideas too.
Well in fact I do all that and more in more or less 2 hours per day. So it’s not overwhelming once you are used to it.
[…] digress. The 5 goals above are the more practical for anybody who is blogging succesfully… These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web […]
thanks for the GREAT post! Very useful…
[…] 101 Ways to make Your Blog More Popular and Successful @ SEO 2.0 Onreact […]
very useful advices but
101 ways – is’s sooo many :)
Amazing post…. Thank you for this great info. Keep up the great work man
[…] Inspiration: 101 Free Ways to Increase Your Blog Traffic, SEO Book – 101 Linkbuilding, 101 Blog tips from Daily Blog Tips, 101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful. […]
This is really helpful, my blog doesn’t get any readers at the moment (1 week old blogger) but I’ll def try these out.
Late to the feast but nonetheless a great post. I’ll try starting putting it into practice right away. Thanks very much.
hey, thanks, a truly great resource for somebody like myself whose just starting out. Much appreciated!
This list has been really helpful! Granted some of the 101 things were steps within one concrete item, but that’s okay. I’d be hard pressed to come up with 101 things, that’s for sure! I’ve written some of them down and will be keeping them in mind as I venture deeper into blogging. I’m playing catch-up right now with social bookmarking sites and other opportunities that I haven’t explored yet.
What about stalking? Do you think it’s a good idea to stalk people who disagree with you? Like, say, constantly sending them messages on Stumble and threatening them privately?
Is that a way to make your blog more successful? Or do you think the *victim* will tell people and show people and drag your name through the mud by creating screenshots?
I have a friend who is going through this. She is blurring out the stalkers name but apparently he has a blog and is an SEO person. In a private offsite forum she is posting the screenshots and what the authorities are doing or may do about this.
If she ever goes public with his name, I think his repuation will be sullied – ESPECIALLY if he ends up arrested – but perhaps this is what he is going for?
It’s disturbing to think so many people are on the internet who really do stalk people who disagree with them!
i like your post TaD about this hint on how to increase Blog traffic. I wrote a similar topic in my own blog but the list is too short and too limited. I think I’ll read more about your posted articles. Well Done.
Wow thats a freaking list =D
i tried it also look :D
but in a more explained way ^^
Really a great list, although a little bit old, but still every way can still be very effective in blog promotion.
Yeah Kelly, I’m planning to rejuvenate it. Come back in a while and it will be fresher, better and more accurate.
wht I do for my Blog More Popular and Successful. I want Pr and good ranking in google, Yahoo, and msn browser. Kindly help me in this meter.
Hello Seo Trend aka “linkpormotion”: If you want Pr and ranking you better try some SEO 1.0 and don’t bother me. Deleted your self promotional link, but I guess you don’t care anyways as you are a bot.
10 years of experience was well distilled in the above 101 points.
hi amazing work.hope it will be usefull for the both freshers and experienced candidates.you had mentioned each point in detail manner so all could understand easier.i know that you had practically experienced and written all of these points.i had personally added this blog in my bookmark inorder to share to my freinds and for personal use.great work.i wish you to posts some other good tips like this in future.thank you.
[…] 101 Ways to make Your Blog More Popular and Successful @ SEO 2.0 Onreact […]
thank you so much for this big help. i’m sure all the new bloggers will put this to good use!!
What a great list. And thanks for mentioning Verdana as not-for-headlines; I thought I was the only one on the planet who thought so.
Printing this out, pinning it to my dress, wearing it all over town. No Verdana Ever is my new banner, though never a headline. Thank you.
That was just plain awesome! Thank you for sharing! I added this to my stumbles because it was just so helpful and awesome! Keep up the great work!
I really appreciate this article. This is great compilation of all the possibilities. I bookmarked and searching for other useful tips.
I just recently launched my website,SHARP OBJEX, and I have to say, this has helped me so much in expanding the site further.
We at SHARP OBJEX are devoted to writing about experimental culture – whether it be Art, Film, Music, Literature, Videogames or Fashion.
We want to eventually turn it into a magazine, so making it successful is key.
You should check it out. Let me know what you think – if you have the time.
in your article I found helpful and detailed advice. I hope they’ll help me with my site
I am very much appreciate with your post regarding blog popularity.But i am confuse about the unforgetable picture.let me know whether this picture will blog theme related or other
I do not know how to ping technorati anymore. I am not sure if they disable the pinging part before but I can’t find it anywhere. I am not fond of using stumbleupon because someone told me not to use it but I am going to use the social network you’ve mentioned
Nice hints, I agree with using striking images.
This is a great article about blogging. Most people set up a blog but forget about the promoting side of it. Whats the point of writing if nobody knows your blog exists.
Pretty good list went though about half of it so far and I am learning some new tricks to getting even more visitors to my blog.
follow other blogs
leave substantive comments on other blogs
post your blog on blog directory
Try posting your blog link in social networking sites to have a viral type of traffic.
Brilliant work Tad. Outstanding resource for learners and seasoned practitioners alike. Thankyou.
Thank your for this information that you posted. I will definitely apply everything on my blog to get more traffic.
Hi Tad, question about #44 concerning H1 and H2’s. If the site name is H1, then every page on the site has the same H1? That right?
I’ve always operated that on a single page view, the post title gets the H1 since that’s what the page is about.
Since no H tag should come before the H1, I usually don’t put the site name and logo in an H tag. Thoughts?
Just came across this site, great list, duly bookmarked. Totally agree with guest blogging which is very much underused IMHO. I’ve done it for others and gotten a stack of quality traffic that way. Would also be delighted to have guest bloggers putting content on MY site. Contact blog owners and ASK them, if you don’t ask you don’t get
Striking images would really help in making your blog be known and visited by other bloggers. The picture, itself, already tells a story.
A great summary . . . and actionable advice. Thank you.
The success of a blog often depends on its audience size. When many people read your blog regularly, your content will potentially be circulated widely, which grows your site faster.
What a long list to make my blog popular. I have applied some of the trick you mention. But there are still so many to be learn and applied.
Ted: This is a really good question. I’ve answered it partly already here:
Also it’s OK when the h1 tag of all pages is the same. Repetition only hurts when the title tag and the meta description are the same all over the place.
On the other hand the h1/h2 issue is not as important that you have to change all your older sites. Just do it correctly in the future.
Awesome post buddy. I haven’t seen this type of post earlier on how to make your Blog more popular and successful. Simply say bundle of tips. It will definitely help a lot to get better exposure in eye of robot as well as natural traffic. For me Images, Branding, and Getting Subscribers sections rock.
Huge list you have, worth tweeting, thanks.
Thanks for helping out. do visit http://www.technisky.blogspot.com and give suggestions if you like to
Great post i really like how each point is clear and concise and nicely layed out.
A lot of the tips make sense and you would naturally imput into your techniques to progress your blog post, but to see it all listed in an easy to follow digestible way is very helpful.
i felt like i found a treasure finding your post. it’s always reassuring to have tips from those who are considered as established in the field of blogging.
Thanks for this excellent tips. It will really help a lot of people. I shared it with my friends on Facebook and Twitter because I know a lot of people need it.
You may have just changed my life. I’m just getting started, and that was worth a million dollars. Maybe I’ll send you 10% of my first billion. Root for me… :)
Great list btw. Absolutely useful but takes some time ;-) But okay, nothing comes for free.
I am now doing everything in the list to make my blog successful. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing list.
Really interesting and complete list for a Bloggger who is just starting off.
One more think That I want to add is Make a PLan for each of your task and Go with the plan. Try to track every minute and every click.
Ali R. Khan
Do you know if there is a way to stop WP using h1 for the blog title? I’ve tried a few but none seem to do it. Surely it would be better to have the title as plain text, then your post title as h1, then just use h2 etc down the pages. That would make it easier to optimise for a keyword as you write.
Uncovering scams works wonders. I’ve blogged about several of them and till date when folks are researching these products/authors, my blog posts on them are @ the top of the SERPS ;-)
I want to attract more traffic to my new blog, the gadget blog. If anyone interested in exchanging the link of my blog with your, that would be great.
I think I am going to try these on our Blog and then share the result with you.
I have been blogging for a few months now but dont seem to be getting a lot of traffic 34 i think to date, is there any way to get more people interested is it to do with content or the more content you publish. Or is it the same people coming back to read the new articles i write any help would be great thankyou
I always wanted to know how to get my blog more popular. Tried reading lengthy long winded books. At last I found something practical that points the right direction
This is a really helpful post. I learned a lot from reading it, especially in regards to blog promotion.
[…] 101 Wege, deinen Blog bekannter zu machen: Nette Aufzählung, bereits vom August. […]
Why do you feel we should do follow all of our links? I have toyed with the idea but just worry about even more spam?
Yes I may get more visitors who are there to link build of whatever, but will they be the targeted visitor I want? (I do not blog about SEO…)?
Helpful advice! This is what I have been looking for–help my blog popular or useful!
Excellent post! I think the best way to make your blog more popular is to provide fresh content to it daily. Both subscribers and search engines love blogs that are updated frequently with new stuff.
As a relatively new blogger (serious blogger anyway) I find this EXTREMELY helpful and insiteful. To prove your timeless post…I just read this and find it as relevant as ever. Probably will be for some time in fact.
This is the most exhaustive list I have ever found in the net. Very sound advices in it.
this post ispired me to learn about seo. thankx for you!
A very informative article. Point 32 – “Find a new angle to a story instead of mere repeating or linking”
The most invaluable tip of them all.
Some people really under estimate the power of blogging and because of this don’t take the time to better there blog!
#57 Tricky though
but i admit most people actualy use this, no lying
[…] A série: 101 Maneiras de tornar seu Blog mais popular e bem sucedido, vai mostrar-lhe em 10 partes, concelhos e técnicas, na sua maior parte testadas por mim, outras recolhidas por alguns bloggers de sucesso. Artigo escrito baseado no original de Tadeusz Szewczyk. […]
Thank you very much – I am a new blogger and your article definitely gave me lots to think about!!!
Appreciate all your time that you put into it!!
This was excellent as we are just starting out! We opted not to use wordpress, but I think we will now! Excellent, much appreciated article!
Great tips! Thank you, I’ve been really trying to get my blog off the ground and some practical tips are here. I appreciate it.
its really great to have your ideas, wonderful
This is fantastic. A really detailed (but concise) guide. Thanks for sharing. Getting my blog off the ground can be a nightmare.
Wow thank you for all these ways to make my blog popular. It used to have regular viewers, but it seems they have forgotten about it. I’ll now try some of these tips. Thank you!
Excellent article! I will apply all methods in turn.
Umm I am happy you posted this but do these actually work? Im already doing these fifty and now I am using 151 Different ways and I want to know if I make more emails becase I have so many twitters. I made my blog temporairly shut down so that I could make my Blog better
Thorough lists like this are considered the best of the best of link bait. I’ve only once heard of the niche social media sites tactic, just never heard of it working. You killed the HTML/CSS aspect… seeing a half-assed organized blog post is such a huge pet-peeve.
But what are the other possibilities to earn money from a blog, i mean if you not use google adsense?
Whoohoo this advice is brilliant!!!
The most important tip to remember is to find out and write on a topic that has not been covered yet or to write from a different angle.
Nice post. Really enjoyed reading.
it’s very useful for me. thanks tad!
I am glad I found this post. Really helpful for all the bloggers.
Very nice, very much appreciated post. I can’t believe you just shared 10 years of learning. I also am an SEO but you’re far more experienced than me. You’re right about not automating your SEO efforts as this one of the many reasons Google has become more strict.
Thanks for the 101 ways to make my blog more popular and thus, successful. Will be taking note of this list and reviewing my blogs.
These are some great tips! “Create a personal brand. Don’t blog as ‘admin'” – Definitely! This is underrated for sure. People want to know you by name, not by Admin or Webmaster.
Exactly, they want to know YOUR name not the name of a star you write about. That’s why I had to change your “name” to “anon”.
[…] today and read the absolute best article on having a successful blog or website I have ever read: 101 Ways to Make Your Blog More Popular and Successful. It’s not all techie. A lot of it is just common sense on promoting yourself. Click the link […]
[…] a 101 ways to improve your companies blog, and work better for your business. Lets start with the latest […]
Thanks for the great article! It’s great to have a neat list of things you can do to boost your blogging efforts.
Our team has just released Tiltzero, a social bookmarking community made with a lot of love and hard work. Check it out at http://www.tiltzero.com/ and if you dig it, you can add it to your articles!
Thank you in advance :)
Your advice is great. Thanks for the 101 list of making a better blog. I realy like the unforgetable images and tweeting sugestion.
Please consider adding IMFury – http://www.imfury.com/ – a social bookmarking site for internet marketing on tip #6 alongside with Inbound, EarnersClub & BizSugar :D
what i must do, if i use blog spot. are we must to start from beginning with wordpress or what?
majid: Yes, self hosted WordPress is the best option for business blogging success. Blogger/Blogspot is good for beginners and hobby bloggers though.
Right place, right time, I am so glad I came through your blog. I have recently created a new website and I’ve been wanting a solution to promote my blog. Amazing information. You have mentioned some impressive points in your article. This will definitely helps anyone who’s interested in promoting their blog. Thank you for sharing this post. looking for more good posts in future.
Don’t fret. I will update the post soon. Some links and pieces of advice need a refresh again.
Totally stumbled upon this… WOW! So healpful — I’ll definately be incorporating these tips into my future blogs.
Thanks for posting.
Great post. Your tips will be very helpful for the beginners to attract more traffic to the content.
Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge with us.
Have you a nice week ahead.
So far, the best blogging tips that matter. This the type of post I wish I read on the beginning of my blogging trip. Thanks.