The Best Acronyms to Replace SEO
You have to admit: it didn’t work out! Your quest to replace the stigma of SEO was futile until now!
- You wanted to practice internet marketing to no avail, you still just did keyword research, onsite optimization and link building.
- Then you tried to become an inbound marketer but were sending out all these cold outreach messages to unsuspecting bloggers.
- Lastly you jumped on the content marketing bandwagon by publishing more and better content than the keyword-stuffed gibberish you did earlier just to get hated by real content marketers who have done that for a decade.
You are still an SEO.
Everybody still considers SEO a dirty word though so you may have decided to quit SEO as a belated April Fools joke.
There is one problem remaining though. How to call yourself now? All the marketing terms are already used by real marketers with university degrees in marketing and 30 years of experience.
Words everybody understands like findability do not sell incredibly expensive SEO services
as they don’t sound enough like magic. So what now? You need a new acronym. Also you need an acronym that is positive and doesn’t have the bad rep of SEO.
I have repurposed a few common acronyms with a positive or ironic vibe that could readily replace SEO, here are the best ones:
- LOL (love of links)
- ROFL (relationship optimization for links)
- UFO (user findability optimization)
- SEX (search engine experimentation)
- COMA (content marketing)
- people oriented optimization – POO
- OMG as in Online MarketinG
I understand that it will be difficult to rank for those as they get used by average people for different meanings but who cares?
After all we’re SEOs! We will optimize our sites and get tons of links and ultimately outrank all the other sites.
I just wonder which of these ideas is really the best one. Which one do you prefer? Personally I tend to focus on people
People oriented optimization is what SEO 2.0 is about at its core. I guess some people think that acronym stinks though!
Last updated: May 15th, 2018.