Blogging Inspiration: How to Embrace Creativity!
Many bloggers write about the so called “bloggers block”. It happens when a blogger just doesn’t know what to write or lacks the motivation to do it.
Do you lack blogging inspiration?
Truly creative people do not experience bloggers block unless they have too much pressure to create all the time. It happened to me already. Yet there are ways to embrace creativity!
Too Many Ideas – Not Enough Time
I have a different problem most of the time! It’s the exact opposite of bloggers block. I like to call it “inspiration overflow“. Do you experience it as well?
It’s about having too many ideas and wanting to write all the time. I just can’t handle it. The day has only 24 hours.
At any given time I can have at least a 12 or more article ideas. I just don’t have the time or money to write the actual posts.
I have blogged too much in the past. I have even neglected my actual paid work and my family to be able to write more.
Blogging by itself usually doesn’t pay as long as you don’t sell something else.
As my blog does not earn money directly right now I have to limit the time and effort spent on it.
In many cases I write for clients instead because such posts pay immediately.
I often get hired as a writer for other blogs. Only after working too much I experience bloggers block.
How to Cope with too Many Ideas
How to deal with inspiration overflow? Why is inspiration overflow a problem in the first place? Aren’t we meant to embrace creativity fully?
- You can’t inundate your readers with more than a few articles a week. It’s too much to digest! Most of them will be overlooked
- More information means less understanding. Too many messages become noise! The reader can’t deal with them
- Readers will have the impression that you choose quantity over quality on your blog when publishing too often
- People won’t comment anymore because their comments would end up too far down to be noticed
Yeah, but there is so much going on! How can you handle too many things to cover? Good question! See below how you can handle that!
Techniques to Embrace Creativity Completely
Here are some techniques to embrace creativity completely without creating cognitive overload and working day and night:
- Collect links and ideas and sift through them afterwards. Only the best should be selected then
- When you have ten instances of something you want to present, just search for more and write about 20 reasons to do something instead of 10. When you just have one or two also search for more.
- Give away ideas that you can’t implement anymore or even sell them. I also have a lot of start up ideas. Who wants one?
- Share your problem with the blogosphere! They will ignore or ridicule you and you will feel better afterwards or they will inspire you
- Delete the bookmarks you already researched and hope that you don’t find the links again (just kidding) – prune your bookmarks regularly!
- Talk to people about your ideas. This way the most otherworldly ones will become apparent and they most promising as well.
- Engage your readers and followers! They will respond in favorable ways or not and this way you will either get inspired or discouraged
What do you think? Dear bloggers: Are you still blocked? Not enough ideas? I got dozens of them. Just contact me to get some ideas!
The techniques above can also hello you embrace creativity even in case you don’t have enough ideas.