Non-Profit SEO Resources
You may not know it but I’ve been working for non-profits even before my career in search engine optimization. Back then there was no such thing as non-profit SEO.
SEO for non-profits is by now a popular concept as I found out doing a little research on Google.
Some of the best industry names come up. There are several resources and examples that might be a good start if you’re from a non-profit and are looking for SEO services.
Some consultants and companies even offer discounts or special offers for non-profits, but that’s not all, just check my list:
- The Charity SEO Book is a comprehensive SEO guide for non-profits by Aaron Wall, one of the the original SEO specialist who started on the early Web
- SEO at Grassroots.org “a nonprofit organization that brings emerging technologies to communities across the world”: The Nonprofit SEO Guide
- Michael Stein has a similar focus in his non-profit technology blog: Organic Non-profit SEO
- apogee results outlines the SEO friendly information architecture for a non-profit site
- Virginia Nussey of Bruce Clay Inc. highlights a water related non-profit SEO project and its objectives she works on
- SEO.com, one of my favorite SEO companies (full disclosure: I recently joined their affiliate program) encourages engagement for non-profits in the SEO industry
I already optimized websites about eco homes or solar energy. I worked for a big bike manufacturer selling 50k affordable bicycles a year.
I can assist you with your world-saving plans now. Just contact me in case these resources do not suffice.
Thanks for the mention! Non-profits are trying to make the world better for everyone; it feels great to be able to pay them back.
Dude totally dig what you’ve been doing here. It is good to see someone actually getting out there and actually making a impact on this earth.
I too would like to help out and would be very happy to do some non profit seo for those who are interested.
I will be doing this in my field as well. Shooting for karma points, that has to play into the algorithm at some point anyway right ;)
Your link for #9 is dead. Aaron Wall just put out an SEM for Non-profits guide that can take its place. I just made a post about non-profit search engine optimization strategy thats pretty comprehensive, which I’m steadily improving.
I’ve checked all links now and added Aaron Wall’s resource plus a few more.
SEO 2.0 | Non-Profit SEO Resources…
A really useful list of resources outlining how SEO can be realistically implemented by non profits and charities….
Nice. The tips on Google Grants and AdWords is a good one.
Certainly all worth knowing but a blog is probably the best SEO tool a NPO can have. OK, that’s not a resource per se, but it’s still worth a mention, eh?
Agreed on the ethics of not for profit – but then i guess this kind of thing only lends its self to certain marketing niches – but a great read and food for thought never the less!
Thanks for the post.
Google once said “do no evil”. If we all followed that logic just a few more times each week, the world would be a much better place. I like that you wrote this to begin with and that you re-hashed it with updated resources. I’m inspired!
Stopping by to say “thanks” for the mention! Keep up the good work.
Looking for SEO for non profit if you have anyone who would like to volunteer some time please let me know via email..