5 Keys to X-Twitter Headlines
X-Twitter headlines are about short striking descriptive tidbits.
Why? So that they can spread virally quickly and frequently.
First we had social media now we have X-Twitter.
No joke. You don’t do social media optimization anymore.
As a marketer you have to optimize for X-Twitter.
Share Me Nation X!
Getting reshared on X poses some special challenges though!
One of the foremost is the resharable headline.
It’s a mix of SEO and SEO 2. Why? X-Twitter headlines need both keywords and clickbait!
In a positive sense clickbait the “awesome” effect needed on other social sites as well.
The most difficult thing about these headlines is of course fitting them in the shortest possible form.
Thus I present to you the 5 keys to X-Twitter headlines.
Please note how short my examples are.
- Eye catcher: how to, 101, free
- Emotion: “wow”, “cool”, “LOL”, “FAIL”, “WTF?”
- Keyword/s: X-Twitter, SEO, social media
- Names, brand names: Apple, Elon Musk
- Value: tools, list, DIY, guide
- With an eye catcher you manage to get noticed. The usual suspects work also on X-Twitter.
- You need to get emotional, otherwise people won’t see a reason in clicking the link you tweet if you don’t even care for it.
- For those who search X-Twitter for keywords you need to add some. “Twitter” works for everybody. For my followers “SEO” will work.
- Use names and brand names people know on X-Twitter and X-Twitter users love or hate. Make sure to promise value in your headline.
Will these simple 5 keys to Twitter headlines make you popular on X-Twitter?
Not really, you need followers, the right ones.
You need to tweet at the right time – when Americans are awake – or wherever your audience resides.
X-tendig or Tweeting at night might be a good idea when you want to attract the night-life crowd.