Top 10 Proven Headline Formulas for Tremendous Online Success
Do you need some proven headlines for tremendous online success on social media and beyond?
Try some of these formulas that have worked numerous times not just for me but all over the Web:
- Top 10… [something everybody needs or craves] [some superlatives] ;-)
- How to… [something everybody needs or craves]
- The Ultimate Guide to… [something everybody needs or craves]
- 100 Ways to… [something everybody needs or craves]
- 101 Resources… [something everybody needs or craves]
- 10 Habits of… [some superlatives]
- How * Made Me… [some superlatives]
- The Secret of… [something everybody needs or craves]
- The Zen of… [something everybody needs or craves]
- [something average happened] – You Won’t Believe What Happened Next!
Of course the article must deliver what the headline promises!
- Use “ultimate guide” if it really is the ultimate guide.
- Don’t call it a secret if it’s widely known etc.
- When you only have 7 items don’t make a top 10 list.
Consider some of the following examples for potential headlines ready to go viral:
- Top 10 Proven Headline Formulas for Tremendous Online Success
- How to Write Headlines that Make Women Fall in Love with You
- The Ultimate Guide to Killer Headlines that Will Flood Your Blog With Traffic
- 100 Ways for Lethal Headlines to Kill
- 101 Resources for Bloggers to Write Killer Headlines
- 10 Habits of Copywriters Who Get Paid Thousands Just for Headlines
- How Using Killer Headlines Made Me a Superstar
- The Secret of Becoming an Internet Celebrity by Killer Headlines
- The Zen of Headline Writing
- Guys Met Girl – You Won’t Believe What Happened Next!
Be cautious though. Don’t use headline formulas all the time. Many people are already tired of them! Make sure to write for your faithful audience as well. You don’t need click bait for regulars.
Last updated: November 26th, 2016.
No prob, I got some more in my pocket warehouse.
Thank you, Tad! Now I’ve go killer headlines pre-made for my next couple of posts :)
Nice postings. You also gave away a secret that has been eluding me…. “How Using Killer Headlines Made Me a Superstar”. Super SEO Stardom here I come!
Great stuff, I’m training a copywriter in coming up with titles so will send this her way :)
Those are some great headline formulas Tad, a few are actually new to me, even though I browse social media everyday. Thanks! I see you’ve even used a headline in your posts title :D.
Great formulas indeed. About your second headline example, I have recently discovered mixing anything girl related with the words like love, sexy, geek, Linux will guarantee you crazy results. I only wish I had discovered this sooner :D
[…] my “Top 10 Killer Headline Formulas for Tremendous Online Success” post again. Most of them use poetic figures like metaphors or metonymies to evoke certain […]
[…] content fails on social media:The HeadlineThe headline is crucial, without a proper, intriguing, kick-ass headline the best content will fail. Take a look at this post at SEO ROI which also failed miserably: […]
how do you keep an idiot in suspense?