Modern SEO Forums Alternatives
John Carcutt asked on Search Engine Journal: Are SEO forums still needed? In my opinion: No.
I stopped using SEO forums several years ago. Why? People on forums in general are often
- problem instead of solution oriented
- spreading rumors
- asking the same questions
- regurgitating old news.
I rather prefer the cutting edge stuff. Also there are plenty of faster, more reliable and more advanced solutions out there.
To show you what great forums alternatives there are I collected some of them:
I participated in a few niche communities regularly over the years and they are usually much more civil and inspiring than forums.
2. Google+ communities offering topical news sharing. The news sharing works fine. Debates develop as well yet remain largely unnoticed though unless the community is really huge.
3. Google Groups are making discussions and knowledge sharing easy and work both on the Web or via email.
4. LinkedIn Groups, taking out the anonymity out of forums, many people have had success with them
5. Facebook Groups allow connecting with peers in similar manner to LinkedIn but with more features and potential members. You organize where you’re already at.
Which one of them do you use and prefer? What do you use them for? Or do you still resort to old school SEO forums and let newbies flame you?
Last updated: July 20th, 2018.