Google Suggest Effects on SEO, Search Usage and Business
Who the hell is the Gossip Girl?
Google Suggest offers users possible search queries based on the number of searches and results.
When you start typing your search query Google suggest popular keywords or phrases to search for.
Ever since the SEO community has provided plentiful of possible effects that it will have on SEO or more broader search usage and business.
I haven’t made up my mind yet on that and time will show the effects, but I enjoyed the ideas my blogging colleagues had on Google Suggest’s impact, particularly these predictions:
To sum it up, Google Suggest does:
- Change searchers behavior towards pre-chosen keyword combinations and intercept the searcher before s/he even clicks on a search result
- It makes people search more words at a time
- It makes reputation management much more difficult e.g. suggesting “obama muslim”
- The long tail gets canalized, a few terms become more common whereas a large number becomes less visible
- People use less misspellings and typos
- There is much opportunity and there are new market niches here
Thanks everybody for your ideas! I assume that Google Suggest has a very big impact on daily business, not only in SEO.
This is a significant influence just like with Universal Search which is basically the new norm already.
Last updated: July 21st, 2017.